Data is the lifeblood of an organization. The storage manager’s role in providing sufficient storage that performs well and is highly resilient is critical. Equally, storage managers are generally responsible for protecting data with a robust backup and recovery framework. These working group sessions are aimed at people who design, implement and manage storage in a z/OS environment. Our objectives include:
- Providing a forum for communication between and among users and vendors
- Promoting the sharing of information and experiences between users
- Providing feedback to vendor developers
- Introducing new storage techniques and technologies
- Providing education on storage technologies
Recent topics covered by the working group include disaster recovery, and coping with compliance demands and encryption.
We are always looking for new presentations and we particularly value user experiences. We would also be grateful for any offers to host meetings outside the GSE UK annual conference.